Hey Magical One!
Do those big scary video tools freak you out when you just want to record a simple screen share?
Now they don’t have to!
I was introduced to this super simple easy-to-get-started-with free video capture tool that is -to make it even easier- a Google Chrome Extension.
Perfect for everyone, including creatives who hate all things tech.
I’ve had it for 1 day and here’s what I’ve done with it so far…
- Created two team instructional video, one of which had my cat wanting to be in the video as well. View the
- Sent two Gmail emails with videos embedded into them. Yes, it plays from INSIDE the email!
- Created another video showing how cool this tool is. (See below)
For someone who only periodically creates video, I’d say that’s a big deal. It’s been super fun and easy to use. Watch the video below to see more. Below the video I list out all the benefits and features it has, and one thing I wish it had.
Here is my link: nataliemariecollins.com/loom
All the cool things Loom has to offer:
- Record your full screen, Chrome browser tab, or full camera options.
- Shareable link goes directly to your video with additional features such as:
- description box option
- comment area
- social media sharing
- embedding code (how I got the video above on this page)
- password protection option
- see above video on it’s sharable link page HERE (so you can see what I mean)
- Loads of integrations (meaning if you add your URL inside one of these platforms it plays directly inside the platform):
- Google Docs
- Hacker News
- InVision App
- Product Hunt
- Salesforce IQ
- Create a video straight inside of Gmail that can be played inside your email. (!!!)
- Makes you look GOOD!
One thing I wish Loom had:
- The ability to do screen shots/capture like Jing does. This would make them my ultimate hero. (People at Loom – if you see this, can you please make it happen?!?)
With all this said, I hope you give Loom a try. And when you do, let me know what you think in the comments below!